Healthcare providers such as Physicians, nurses, pharmacists, therapists etc all work in extremely safety sensitive positions.
Accordingly, healthcare providers need a mental health and addiction expert that is specially trained to work with hospital wellbeing committees, licensing boards, employee assistance programs and diversion programs.
Some of the important services Dr. Goldenberg provides specific to healthcare providers include:
- Free confidential and anonymous phone consultations to discuss becoming a new patient.
- Comprehensive evaluations:
- Initial Psychiatric and Substance Use Disorder Evaluations
- Follow-up Fitness For Duty Evaluations
- Outpatient Treatment
- Addiction Management
- Dr. Goldenberg provides consultations to addiction treatment programs and referrals to additional programs which specialize in the treatment of healthcare providers and other professionals in safely sensitive roles:
- Inpatient detox
- Diagnostic and Recovery Monitoring
- Drug testing
- Referral to specialized monitoring groups for healthcare providers and pilots
- Recommendations and referrals to recovery supports for healthcare providers:
- 12-step groups (AA/NA/CODA/Caduceus etc.)
- 12-step alternatives (SMART Recovery, Refuge Recovery etc.)
- Support groups
- Referrals to top healthcare/employment attorneys (if needed)
- Licensing and DEA Issues
- Disability Claims
- Criminal and Civil Assistance
- Direct communication and liaison with:
- Licensing boards
- Physician Health Programs and Employee Assistance Programs
- Hospital Wellbeing Committees
- and Other Stakeholders.