My wife brought a really interesting new product to my attention. I want to begin by thanking her for sharing it with me... because now I can share it with you! Link to the article, with a 2 min video about the product: here.
One of the hardest things about quitting smoking is finding the motivation to change your behavior. In many cases the pattern of smoking has been reinforced for decades or more. I have 8 top tips for quitting. They include things like changing your eating and drinking habits, washing your clothes and sheets and cleaning affected upholstery. Link to that post: here.
This new product gives us another tool and is the first I have heard of to change something just as integral to smoking as the cigarette. The change is to your lighter! You could call it a smart lighter or a motivational lighter. Its features are groundbreaking. I feel that the features included could help you quit if you have tried other methods in the past without success.
Some of the features include:
- Counting and limiting the number of cigarettes you can light.
- Monitoring the money you have saved on cigarettes as you cutback and quit.
- Allowing you to limit the number of cigarettes per day or the interval between cigarettes.
- Displaying the number of cigarettes consumed that day and connecting via Bluetooth to your phone for additional personalized information.
- Enabling your phone to locate the lighter if lost.